Scenes from a Window

It's time to play a game I like to call... Scenes from a Window.

Today, on the way back to the hotel from the office, we managed to find ourselves in the middle of a huge pilgrimage - related to the Palkhi Festival. This necessitated a scenic tour through Pune, since the main roads were blocked. So, I got a couple of pictures along the way.

First, a temple (it looks like the god Ganesh peeking through the door there):


Here are a few pilgrims. Many of them carried these orange flags. In addition to the people walking, there were thousands of people lining the route. Quite a cultural experience...


The next morning, I snapped this picture from my hotel window. This being the rainy monsoon season, the air is generally clearer than when I was here in November, so you can see all the way to the mountains (when it is not raining).


In general, I was surprised to find that the summer monsoon climate was not as hot and muggy as I was lead to believe. It was *much* better than Atlanta in June. The high temperatures were in the low- to mid-80s, and it only rained a few times - just enough to keep things clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse

Addendum - new vs. old Canon 100-400mm

April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse